You tried to edit a Chance that has already been Submitted for Verification. Ordinarily this is not allowed, but we try to be helpful. So please contact Pet Chance if you still believe you need to make changes.
You tried to submit a chance that does not have a hospital selected. Ordinarily this is not allowed, but we try to be helpful. So please contact Pet Chance if your circumstances are unusual.
You successfully created your Chance.
You can make edits to the chance if/as required. When everything looks good, click the "Submit for Verification" link and Pet Chance will contact your Pet's doctor to verify the information you supplied. We will then contact you when we get the verification. This should not take more than 2-3 days.
You successfully Submitted your Chance for Verification.
Once Pet Chance gets verification from your doctor, people can start making donations for Spencer. We will contact you when we get the verification. This should not take more than 2-3 days.
Once you Submit for Verification you cannot edit your Chance. If you are ready, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel.
You tried to Submit a Chance for Verification but it did not work. Please contact Pet Chance for some help. Sorry about that!
Spencer has been a member of our family for a long time. Our beautiful boy has kept our family happy for years, and recently (patiently) welcomed his little brother, Benji, with open paws.
Over the weekend we had to take Spencer to the emergency hospital. We are being told he has Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia. His body has decided his red blood cells are the enemy. And his whole GI tract is inflamed as a result. They are gong to give him a blood transfusion and do further tests to figure out if the autoimmune thing is primary or secondary to something like cancer or other terrible things. They just don't know yet.
Treatment will likely involve steroids, possibly other medicines, depending on how he reacts to the steroids - and what else they find after more tests. The only good thing is that we are comfortable that he is getting the best care possible right now.
We routinely pay for veterinary care for our fur babies and are absolutely committed to supporting Spencer. Unexpected surprises like this are not helpful, especially when college is looming. Any support you can offer would be greatly appreciated - especially helping us to spread the word. The more people who know about this, the more likely it is we can get Spencer the very best treatment, which he clearly deserves!
[UPDATE 1/31/17 FROM Amy W.]: Spencer is hanging in at the hospital, he'll be there at least several more days. He's had 2 blood transfusions and has been started on an immuno-suppressant medication along with antibiotics, an anti-coagulant, and oxygen. He has a lot of inflammation in his body and they've found he rests more comfortably with the oxygen. They are trying valiantly to get ahead of the disease. Thank you very much to those who are able to help financially AND those who share this chance as widely as possible.
[UPDATE 1/31/17 FROM Pet Chance Team]: Now that there is a diagnosis and treatment plan we've updated the Treatment Amount from $3K to $6,000. PLEASE KEEP SHARING!
[UPDATE 2/3/17 FROM Amy W.]: We want to take a moment to thank everyone who has supported Spencer so far, for your donations and for helping us get the word out. Regrettably, despite the excellent medical care afforded to him, Spencer crossed the Rainbow Bridge last night. He will be missed by many people and we appreciate all the sentiments and support we received this morning. Once we have a final invoice from the hospital we'll update the Chance and continue to seek assistance in Spencer's memory. We are truly grateful for the opportunity to have given him the best possible care.
[UPDATE 2/3/17 FROM Pet Chance Team]: Pets are family. Thanks to you, Spencer received outstanding care. Although the outcome is not what anyone wanted, your support enabled Spencer's family to say, "yes" to allow for proper treatment. The financial obligation still remains. We will update the Treatment Amount once the final invoice is ready. Please consider making a donation in Spencer's memory to support the family's decision to move forward with the best possible treatment. And as always, please continue to spread the word. Respectfully -- The Pet Chance Team
All Chances complete 30 days after they are first Submitted for Verification by the Pet Owner. The reason they end at all is because credit card refunds must be issued if the funds cannot be raised and, therefore, the treament will not be provided.
So, if a Chance will not be fulfilled by a doctor/provider within 30 days, the money must be refunded to the people who made donations.
Shortly before the Chance completion date Pet Chance will try to work with the doctor/provider to see if the treatment can be fulfilled with partial funding.
Our goal is to fullfil as many Chances as possible!
We call it Pet Care Assurance...
At Pet Chance, our goal is to empower pet owners to make the right decisions for their pets. By funding Chances where owners have already incurred debt we are giving the next owner facing that daunting decision confidence to provide their pet with the care it needs.
The more Chances where treatment was already provided to get funded, the more likely it is owners (and vets) will make the right medical decision first, and handle the financial obligation after the fact.
We encourage you to support the work we do to help pets and their owners so we can continue to run PetChance.org.
Our world-class customer service and national impact has honored us with Top Nonprofit awards from Great NonProfits. We can only do this thanks to your generous contributions!